LEARN HOW TO TEACH TENNIS
The world famous Van Der Meer TennisUniversity courses created by legendary coach Dennis Van der Meer are now combined and revamped to encompass time tested basics and current trends. Total TennisUniversity has been the launching pad for many of the world’s top teaching professionals. However this amazing course is open to parents and players who just want to get a better understanding of the basics and improve their own games in the process. Certification by either/both of the two major organizations is optional at the end only if you want to pursue testing.
Equipment and fitness changes have led to new techniques, some of which are truly healthy advances in the game, and some which lead to injury and even surgery. Learn the commonalities of sound biomechanically-tested technique which can form a base for a lifetime of competitive enjoyment.
- Basics of group and private lessons, including effective, logical progressions based on the Official Standard Method™
- Corrective Techniques, including factors involved in deciding when to add or change a stroke
- Instant Tennis and the graduated length method, particularly as it applies to young children
- Advanced Training for top-level juniors and pros
- Tactics and Strategy for all levels, including patterns and styles of play
- The Sports Sciences – Fitness and Conditioning, Nutrition, Mental Toughness
- Drills for building skills, including effective use of ball machines
- Improving your own demonstration and ball feeding techniques
- Off-Court Lectures including Adaptive Tennis, Senior Tennis, Pro Shops,
- Stringing, Running Tournaments and Events, and MUCH MORE!
Clinic Hours – Monday-Thursday 9:00am-12:30pm & 2:00-6:00pm (check-in at 8:45), Friday 9:00am-12:30pm & PTR Testing (schedule subject to change)
|2021||Clinic||Rating||Price||Number of Hours|
|February 1-5||Total TennisUniversity||3.5+||$525||31 Hours|
|May 24-28||Total TennisUniversity||3.5+||$525||31 Hours|
|July 26-30||Total TennisUniversity||3.5+||$525||31 Hours|
|September 27-October 1||Total TennisUniversity||3.5+||$525||31 Hours|
Our commitment to you extends beyond tennis instruction. We will assist you in obtaining fabulous accommodations. We have affiliations with numerous hotels including the four star hotel, The Sonesta Resort, located within the Shipyard Plantation. If you’re looking for more room, we can put you in contact with Seashore Vacations and Hilton Head Island Realty and Rentals. They have spacious rentals situated in prime locations throughout the Island.
Come join us for an unforgettable tennis experience on sunny Hilton Head Island, SC. Please sign up on-line or contact us at 1-800-845-6138 and our sales office will be happy to assist you with all your tennis needs!