LEARN HOW TO TEACH TENNIS
Dennis Van der Meer created the perfect learning environment for all tennis players. His TU course has launched the careers of countless great coaches and helped others finance their college careers by giving them a solid base for getting a job. This COVID time has been great for the social yet distant sport of tennis. It could be the right time to take the course, train a bit with other participants and have a great experience that will help with your own game. It also is perfect for parents who want to understand the important commonalities to look for in their kids’ instruction. Many people looking for a 2nd career find TU just the right fit to guide them into a tennis career.
The course touches on all aspects of tennis instruction, adaptive tennis, stringing, pro shop and running events. Participants have the opportunity to observe VDM programs while here, including adults, young juniors, academy level players. It’s an amazing opportunity to get a solid base in tennis teaching.
Call 800-845-6138 x1 for more info or to help with lodging.
- Basics of group and private lessons, including effective, logical progressions based on the Official Standard Method™
- Corrective Techniques, including factors involved in deciding when to add or change a stroke
- Instant Tennis and the graduated length method, particularly as it applies to young children
- Advanced Training for top-level juniors and pros
- Tactics and Strategy for all levels, including patterns and styles of play
- The Sports Sciences – Fitness and Conditioning, Nutrition, Mental Toughness
- Drills for building skills, including effective use of ball machines
- Improving your own demonstration and ball feeding techniques
- Off-Court Lectures including Adaptive Tennis, Senior Tennis, Pro Shops,
- Stringing, Running Tournaments and Events, and MUCH MORE!
Clinic Hours – Monday-Thursday 9:00am-12:30pm & 2:00-6:00pm (check-in at 8:45), Friday 9:00am-12:30pm & PTR Testing (schedule subject to change)
|2023||Clinic||Rating||Price||Number of Hours|
|January 30-February 3||Total TennisUniversity||3.5+||$525||31 Hours|
|May 22-26||Total TennisUniversity||3.5+||$525||31 Hours|
|July 24-28||Total TennisUniversity||3.5+||$525||31 Hours|
|September 18-22||Total TennisUniversity||3.5+||$525||31 Hours|
Our commitment to you extends beyond tennis instruction. We will assist you in obtaining fabulous accommodations. We have affiliations with numerous hotels including the four star hotel, The Sonesta Resort, located within the Shipyard Plantation. If you’re looking for more room, we can put you in contact with Seashore Vacations and Hilton Head Island Realty and Rentals. They have spacious rentals situated in prime locations throughout the Island.
Come join us for an unforgettable tennis experience on sunny Hilton Head Island, SC. Please sign up on-line or contact us at 1-800-845-6138 and our sales office will be happy to assist you with all your tennis needs!